“Swaroopa” - Why did I choose that name?

Hello World!

Namaste! This is my preliminary attempt at a blog. I had an intuition that I need to share my thoughts and ideas with the world. So when I started thinking about what to write as my first topic, it took me some time to settle on one. Finally, I decided I need to clarify what “Swaroopa” means. It is the name of my blog, so I should know what it is and should have some underlying meaning or symbolism pertaining to this blog.
 
Before really starting this attempt, let me give homage to the Hindu God who removes obstruction, Ganesha, by invoking him - "Om Gam Ganapathaye namah:". May Ganesha remove all the obstacles in my path and purpose to accomplish the highest authentic, original and creative expression, I can ever achieve and to help myself, my family, friends, the community, society and the greater world at large! Tadasthu- So, it is! To underline this invocation, I am putting the image of the whole Shiva family. Why reduce anything? 
 
Wisdom, bubbles, water, Soul, mind, conscious, subconscious, intellect, Sun, light, knowledge, attitude, effort, analysis, deep, recess, Moon, ideas, thoughts, creativity, creation, Brahman, Universe, purpose, words, power, desires, intentions, resolutions, butterfly, stars,way, heart, follow, brilliance,boat, ocean, life, direction, map, radar, Survivin, cancer, protein, stress, chaos, peace,oak, acorn, wisdom, Anahata, heart, space, mind, clutter, peace, awareness, Maya, commitment, colors, creativity, mythology, myth, treasure chest, key, ancestors, DNA, Karma, terrorism, heaven, Ice-cream, internet, social-media
Shiva family with Shiva, Parvathi, Ganesha, Subramanya and the bull Nandi
Image credits - Leon Meerson, via Wikimedia Commons

Swaroopa is a Sanskrit word. As many of you may know Sanskrit is a very ancient Vedic language, which includes all the Hindu scriptures. Don’t worry, no, this is not about Hinduism or any religion, but I might use concepts from Hindu religion or another religion to present my point. So coming back to Swaroopa, Swa is “of self” and Roopa is “form or an authentic expression”. So, Swaroopa means “One’s own authentic self.”

What is Swaroopa or one’s own authentic self? It is not the persona or personality we project outside. It is truly what we feel inside and the simple things that give us joy. Think back when each of us was a little boy or a girl. What were the things we loved doing or creating? That was the expression of our true authentic self. At that age, we were not concerned about what my family will say, what my colleagues will infer or what my friends will assume. We were free in our thoughts and mind that we were able to express ourselves freely without the fear of ridicule. That is one’s own authentic self or Swaroopa.

Once we become an adult that Swaroopa gets masked or covered in layers and layers of conditioning and norms of the societal structure. We become conditioned so much that later we become unknown to ourselves. In modern terms, we call it a mid-life crisis. This is a call of our inner selves to come back to one’s Swaroopa and express as an authentic being. How many times have we heard a person giving up all she/ he has worked for thirty years to transform completely and reinvent themselves to be a very different person. If we can be in the society and are able to express ourselves with our authentic self that would be the true freedom each of us can enjoy.

Another perspective I can give of Swaroopa is, in Hinduism the Mother Goddess, Saraswathi, Lakshmi, Durga, Kali or whichever Goddess it is, is thought of as “Akshara Swaroopini”. “Akshara” means syllable or alphabet and “Swaroopini” the form represented. So the Mother Goddess is the syllable or alphabets manifested. For a blog, the most important tool is the Akshara or the word composed of alphabets. So why not give the blog the name Swaroopa, which itself is a word or Goddess manifested? This perspective of Akshara Swaroopini was given to me by my dad. If you say it as “Akshara Swaroopaha”, then, it is God manifested as the alphabet. For those who don’t believe in Goddess or God, this can be applied to the Universal energy or the spark manifested as the word comprised of alphabets.

Wisdom, bubbles, water, Soul, mind, conscious, subconscious, intellect, Sun, light, knowledge, attitude, effort, analysis, deep, recess, Moon, ideas, thoughts, creativity, creation, Brahman, Universe, purpose, words, power, desires, intentions, resolutions, butterfly, stars,way, heart, follow, brilliance,boat, ocean, life, direction, map, radar, Survivin, cancer, protein, stress, chaos, peace,oak, acorn, wisdom, Anahata, heart, space, mind, clutter, peace, awareness, Maya, commitment, colors, creativity, mythology, myth, treasure chest, key, ancestors, DNA, Karma, terrorism, heaven, Ice-cream, internet, social-media
Lalitha Tripurasundari
Image credits - Arjunkrishna90 / CC BY-SA

So, this blog will be about finding oneself through Vedic concepts, astrological notions, philosophical ideas, metaphysical queries and everyday happenings. Why not live an authentic way of life where a person is able to truly express oneself creatively and originally? I am hoping this would be an attempt to bridge the gap between modern day rationality and the ancient wisdom of Vedas, astrology, and mythology with a touch of my own analysis and interpretation. I consider myself a lifelong student and welcome other perspectives and suggestions. If this creates a dialogue, which brings out a new way of looking at everyday life with the practicality of modern times and the wisdom of the Vedic times that would be a great step towards the beautiful integration of the past and the present.

Through this blog, if I am able to inspire or motivate a few of my fellow beings, then I consider myself successful. But as I mentioned earlier, this is my very first attempt at blogging. In between, if I flounder or stumble, please be patient with me. 
 
As Lao Tzu quoted,

“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”.

Wish you a good weekend and I'll see you next Friday! 😉


Ralph Waldo Emerson writes, "There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance ; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better for worse as his portion that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till. The power which resides in him is new in nature, and none but he knows what that is which he can do, nor does he know until he has tried". 
All rights reserved to the author (SwaroopaStargazer) and SwaroopaBlog.

To my Blog readers: As all of you know, the European Union has passed laws regarding collection of the user data. This is just to inform all my EU blog readers, I just use Google Analytics, which Google provides, to look at from where readers are reading my blogs. I also use Specific feeds to use their service for subscription. I don't collect or intend to collect user data to sell or provide to third-party applications. Regards,
SwaroopaBlog.


Disclaimer: This is a personal blog. The opinions and viewpoints shared here are that of the author/owner only. Even though the author/owner will try to research well before posting the information, the author/owner of this blog does not make any portrayal of the accuracy or correctness of the content on this blog or the links provided. The author/owner will not be liable for any omissions or inaccuracies occurred. The author/owner will not be liable for any damages or losses due to the use or display of this blog. These terms and conditions can change at any time. This blog is purely for informational purposes only.
© SwaroopaStargazer and Swaroopa, 2017.



Comments

  1. Very well written! Looking forward to many more! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Mishu.Your comment is my first feedback.Means a lot to me.

      Delete
  2. Jaya good humble beginning. Well done. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Santhosh.Every word of feed back is really appreciated and I am taking all the comments as Universe saying proceed. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Kudos Jaya! Very well written with a great personal touch! Looking forward to reading more! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Abi. All of your comments are encouraging me to write more and inspire all in a small way as I can. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! All the best to break individual's masks and layers of conditioning and norms of societal structure. Let individual's soul express as an authentic being. May your Swaroopa flow into blog as Akshara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Gopi for your encouraging words. Thadhastu (Let it happen as you have written). May the Universal wisdom prevail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Unknown, Thank you.All your kind words encourage me more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!!! Loved it. Inspirational, motivational and beyond that all I felt is a direction to get the balance in one's life. Waiting for ur next week's blog.
    With lots of love n respect
    Veena Iyer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Veena,awesome!Thank you for your inspiring words.
      Look for the next post on next Friday.Thank you.

      Delete
  9. It is the divine order which made you start the write up. Go ahead with good work.
    My blessings are always with you.
    with love
    Chithi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chithi. Yes, I also feel it was guided by the providence. Thank you for your kind words. Respects.

      Delete
  10. Excellent Jayasree! Very well written. Waiting to hear more !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel inspired already Jay! Can't wait for the next one! Very well written and engaging. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Stacey. I will post next one tomorrow. It is all of your support, which is prodding me to go forward ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My first visit. Thank you neighbor for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool,Ed. Thank you for the comment.Hopefully this Blog is inspiring a few fellow souls. Feedbacks are definitely welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Give an opinion! Post a comment! Ask for a topic!

Most liked ones!

Moola Nakshatra - A Curse or a blessing?

Kannagi - The incensed lady!

Ashwathama - A lesson to be learned!

Satyam Vada! Dharmam Chara! (Speak your truth! Walk your purpose!)

Draupadi -The bold Queen!

Kanyakumari - A Goddess waiting!

Ardra nakshatra - The inconsolable human!